Inhalt des Dokuments
Checklist to publish your printed dissertation
After the thesis defense (“Disputation”) please prepare the 'approved version' of your thesis.Copyright information (German)
Please insert a title page before your text as is required by TU Berlin regulations.Title page template
- Prepare 15 printed copies (old Doctoral Regulations of 2006: 40 copies) of your thesis*: The allowed formats are DIN A4, DIN A5 and intermediate formats. Pages can be printed on one or both sides. Please use white, age-resistant paper. The copies must be permanently bonded. Ring or spiral binding are not permitted.
- Please submit the following via e-mail:
1. PDF-File (lastname_firstname_abstract.pdf) with the German and English abstract (each max. one page = max. 1800 characters with spaces), and
2. PDF-file (lastname_firstname_inhalt.pdf) with the table of contents.
Both are used to enrich the entries in the library catalogues. In case of the old Doctoral Regulations of 2006 please print out the abstract of your paper and have it signed by one of your reviewers.
- Please submit the printed copies of your thesis and (if applicable) the signed abstract to the Dissertation Office. You may authorize another person to submit the documents or use postal services.
- The Dissertation Office checks the submitted documents for compliance with the requirements and issues an acknowledgement of receipt, which serves as the basis for the issuance of the doctoral certificate by your faculty.
*Some service providers can help you to produce the hard copy and, if needed, assign an ISBN number for your publication, while still allowing distribution under a Creative Commons license.