Inhalt des Dokuments
Checklist for publishing a habilitation thesis
If the habilitation regulations of your faculty demand submitting your habilitation thesis to the University Library, please follow the checklist below:
- Prepare the text of your habilitation for publishing.
In case of a thesis by publication, please follow the instructions for cumulative theses:
- Please insert a title page before your text as is required by TU Berlin regulations.
title page template (PDF, 77 KB)
- Prepare one printed copy*. The allowed formats are DIN A4, DIN A5 and intermediate formats. Pages can be printed on one or both sides. Please use white, age-resistant paper. Copies must be bound in a permanent way, ring or spiral binding is not permitted.
- Please e-mail the Dissertation Office:
1. PDF file (secondname_firstname_abstract.pdf) with the German and English abstract (each max. one page = max. 1800 characters with spaces).
2. PDF file (secondname_firstname_inhalt.pdf) with the table of contents.
These files are needed to enrich entries in the library catalogues.
- Please submit the hard copy of your habilitation to the Dissertation Office (University Library). You may authorize another person to submit the documents or use a stamped envelope.
- The Dissertation Office checks the submitted documents for compliance with the requirements, and issues the acknowledgement of receipt for submission to your faculty.
* Some service providers can help you to produce the hard copies and, if needed, assign an ISBN number for your publication, while still allowing distribution under a Creative Commons license.