Inhalt des Dokuments
Instructions for Interlibrary Loan Requests (Journal Articles)
1. Search the ZDB
Please search for the journal in the Zeitschriftendatenbank ZDB, the joint catalogue of journals of the German libraries. Choose the desired journal from the list of results.
- You need to search for the title of the journal, not the title of the article! It is easiest to search for the journal’s ISSN (International Standard Serial Number).
- You will see a list of all German libraries owning volumes of this journal. The libraries are listed by federal state and library identifier. Please ensure that the university library of TU (BER <83> UBTU) is not on the list. Only then is an interlibrary loan possible.
To place an interlibrary loan request, choose “Order copy/loan request” from the menu on the upper left. Then click the KOBV button. (Only this one leads to the correct order form!)
2. Place a request
Please enter your library card number and your PIN and choose Berlin TU/UdK as your home library. TU students log into Primo Knowledge Portal using their tubIT account data. Then confirm with “Login”.
- Ordering whole volumes of journals via interlibrary loan is not possible!
- Ordering articles from electronic journals is not possible.
- Interlibrary loan fees are 1.50 EUR for students and all others except staff of TU and UdK, who can place requests for free. If your request contains more than 20 pages, additional costs may accrue. In the section “Kostenübernahme”, you can set a limit on how much you’re willing to pay for this request.
Now complete the order form in the section “Angaben zum Aufsatz“. Click “Weiter” and then “Bestellen” to place your request.
3. Receive your request
Your request is now visible in your library account. Delivery usually takes 1-2 weeks.
A paper copy of the requested article will be mailed to the address listed in your library account. Fees will automatically be added to your library account. Electronic delivery is notpossible due to copyright laws.
Zusatzinformationen / Extras
Tel.: 030 314-76022 / 76026
Fax: 030 314-76141