Inhalt des Dokuments
Winter Semester 2020/2021: Information for Teaching Staff
Please refer to our FAQs for current information.
Borrowing or Ordering Items
- Items from the Central Library (Fasanenstr. 88) can be accessed directly at the shelves in the open access area and can be borrowed, as long as they are not onsite-use only. Items from the closed stacks as well as from the department and special libraries must be ordered via the Knowledge Portal Primo. Further information can be found in the FAQs.
- Journal articles and partial copies from books that are only available in print from the library can now be sent to you as a PDF file by requesting a scan job.
- Use the Interlibrary loan to order books and articles.
- The Express Delivery service allows you to order copies of journal articles and book chapters.
Accessing Library Resources and Free Educational Resources
- All TU Berlin resources (e-books, electronic articles, journals and books) can be found on the Primo Knowledge Portal. Our new filter “Show only” allows you to quickly filter for electronic resources.
TU staff can access resources licensed by TU Berlin from home via VPN or Shibboleth.
- We have compiled a separate list of free electronic resources (e-books and e-journals).
- You can search for articles, conference papers and standards in databases regardless of whether they are available in the University Library’s stock. Available databases can be found in the Database Information System (DBIS).
- Free digital teaching and learning materials from a wide range of subjects will assist you in creating online content for teaching.
Studying in the Library
- During the entire opening hours you can reserve a study place.
- The use of non-lending material is possible on site. Please make an appointment using our registration form.
Advice and Support for Teaching
- We set up (also digital) course reserves for you.
- For questions about open-access publishing: openaccess(at)ub.tu-berlin.de.
- All library courses are held online.
- Participate in our Coffee Lectures at home and make use of our eTutorials.
- Appointements for individual consultations will continue online or by telephone.
- Please feel free to contact us via email: kurse(at)ub.tu-berlin.de.
- Questions and answers on legal matters related to publishing content online for research and teaching can be found in the copyright FAQ.
By telephone during opening hours: +49 30 314-76101
Online from Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 18:00