Inhalt des Dokuments
Winter Semester 2020/21: Information for TU Berlin Students
Please refer to our FAQs for current information
Borrow or order literature
- The items in the Central Library (Fasanenstr. 88) are directly accessible and borrowable in the Open Access Area on the shelves, unless they are non-lending items. Items from the closed stacks as well as the department and special libraries must be ordered via the Knowledge Portal Primo. Further information can be found in the FAQs.
- Journal articles and partial copies from books that are only available in print from the library can now be sent to you as a PDF file by requesting a scan job.
- You can order literature that is not available at the TU Berlin via interlibrary loan.
- The Express Delivery service allows you to order copies of journal articles and book chapters.
Accessing Online and Free Educational Resources
- All TU Berlin resources (e-books, electronic articles, journals and books) can be found on the Primo Knowledge Portal. Our new filter “Media type” allows you to quickly filter for electronic resources. TU Berlin students can access media licensed by TU Berlin from home via VPN or Shibboleth.
- We have compiled a separate list of free electronic resources (e-books and e-journals).
- You can search for articles, conference papers and standards in databases even if they are not available in the library’s stock. Available databases can be found in the Database Information System (DBIS).
- Free digital teaching and learning materials covering a wide range of subjects can help you to prepare for exams or advance your knowledge.
Learning in the Library
- During the entire opening hours you can reserve a study place.
- In justified exceptional cases (e.g. final theses), the use of non-lending material is possible on site. Please make an appointment using our registration form.
Getting to know the Library
We can help you to find your way around the library and communicate with our team online:
- All library courses are held online.
- During the Orientation Days at the start of the semester from 19.10. to 07.11.2020 you will learn the most important things about library use, searching for items and reference management.
- Participate in our Coffee Lectures at home and make use of our eTutorials.
- Appointements for individual consultations will continue online or by telephone.
- Please feel free to contact us via email: kurse(at)ub.tu-berlin.de.
By telephone during opening hours: +49 30 314-76101
Online from Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 18:00