Inhalt des Dokuments
- So far unpublished Open Access books and anthologies are eligible for support up to a maximum funding sum.
- Publications resulting from third-party funded projects, where third-party funding is still available to cover publishing fees, cannot be supported through the central publication fund.
- Only scholarly publications submitted under a Creative-Commons license (preferably CC-BY) are eligible for funding.
- The funding is strictly available for Open Access publishing cost. Support for the cost of printing is not available.
- Excellent theses of the TU Berlin are eligible for funding. Other Theses are not eligible for funding through the Publication Fund.
- The publication should include an acknowledgement that it was funded by the TU Berlin publication fund when it is published (cf. Affiliation Guideline TU Berlin (German)).
- The publisher should be listed in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) or be a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA).
- The open access publication fees invoiced by the publisher must be based on a plausible calculation and transparent for the university.
- The publisher should follow the "Quality standards for getting started with open access provision of books": nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:0070-pub-29321893
- An application (PDF, 443 KB) for the transfer of publication costs may be submitted when the contract negotiation with a publisher begins. The order of financing is generally decided by the date of submission of the application.
- You will receive a prompt reply (usually within one week) on whether your article is eligible for funding.
- The applicant must be an author of the book or editor of the anthology and be a member of TU Berlin under § 43 Berliner Hochschulgesetz.
- Please provide your ORCiD (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) along with your application. The TU affiliation of the author must be distinctly identifiable in the publication.
- Accepted funds are available for a duration of 12 months. If the publication has not been published within this period, a new application for funding must be submitted.
- The publisher’s invoice must be directed to your institutional adress and include the following information: The VAT ID (Umsatzsteuer-ID-Nr.) of the publisher, the TU Berlin VAT ID (DE 811 231 089) and additionally for foreign invoices the net amount (without VAT / Mehrwertsteuer). Send the original invoice via E-Mail or to the university library at: Universitätsbibliothek der TU Berlin, Abt. Publikationsdienste, Fasanenstraße 88, 10623 Berlin. The university library will execute the payment.