Inhalt des Dokuments
Access to Free Electronic Resources
Here, we have listed further electronic resources which you can use in addition to the licensed electronic resources you can access via our Primo Knowledge Portal. These are generally freely accessible sources as well as sources only freely accessible to members of TU Berlin. This list is regularly updated.
Some of these offers are only available for a limited time and, as such, are not listed in the Primo knowledge portal. To access these resources, use the following links.
Finding Free Resources through Primo
- Please continue to use the Primo Knowledge Portal to search for literature and resources while the library is closed.
- The primary search scope is now "All TU/UdK collections plus articles", i.e. you will not only find our holdings including our licensed e-books and e-journals as usual, but also many journal articles. Our new filter in the results list “Media type” allows you to quickly filter for electronic resources.
- Results which are "Open Access" are identified as such in the list. These are freely available to all.
- Other resources may only be accessible to members of TU Berlin via a VPN or Shibboleth. Information about access.
Platforms for Free Resources (All Types)
- TU Berlin DepositOnce repository: nearly 10,000 publications from members of TU Berlin. Open Access
- Google Scholar: search engine for academic literature; many documents are freely accessible
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine): one of the world’s largest search engines for academic documents online; 150 million documents, roughly 60% Open access
- Project MUSE: Access to articles and e-books, many university presses; Search page for freely accessible content. Some resources are only available temporarily.
- DBIS Corona list: List of temporarily free offers compiled by various libraries, partly only accessible with already existing licenses
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). Open Access
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB). Open Access
- KVK: Search for digital sources, predominantly older literature, also includes Google Books.
Digital Teaching and Learning Tools
Access to Resources of other Libraries
Particularly interesting for those in the humanities and social sciences: temporary access to the electronic resources of the Staatsbibliotheken
- Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin Preußischer Kulturbesitz: Temporary possibility to register online. Requirement: You must be registered in Germany.
- Bayerische Staatsbibliothek: Simplified electronic registration process for a restricted user account. Requirement: You must be registered in Germany.
- Cambridge Core Collection: Articles on the coronavirus
- Elsevier: Novel Coronavirus Information Center
- Emerald: Articles on the coronavirus
- Jove: Coronavirus Free Access Resource Center (Videos)
- Ovid: Ovid's COVID-19 Toolkit for Clinicians
- Oxford University Press: Articles on the coronavirus
- Wolters Kluwer: Wolters Kluwer COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
- ZB MED, Information Centre for the Life Sciences: COVID-19 Overview